Community Fibre has added two more features to its packages today, launching a new home phone service and a previously-announced TV service (see A tale of two ISPs).
Community Fibre’s ‘Everyday Landlines & Mobiles’ is a VoIP call package priced at £10 per month which offers unlimited calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles with no additional line rental costs. The company is offering three months free to new and existing customers that sign up by 4 February 2021 with key features including:
- no line rental
- free calling features such as voicemail, call waiting, forwarding and barring
- the ability to send a notification to email when there’s a voicemail
- a mobile app that allows customers to make and receive calls over WiFi or mobile networks
- inclusive call allowance for both the home phone and calls made via the mobile app
Graeme Oxby, CEO of Community Fibre explains that the company will add international calling to its home phone offer in due course.
At the same time the company rolled out its new TV service (priced at £10 per month on a 24 month contract and £15 a month on a 12 month contract) which supports Prime Video in 4K. A three month free period is also being offered for this service, with free installation and set-up, a free 4K TV box and a free subscription to Amazon Prime. Features of the service include:
- pairing with Community Fibre TV App to enable mobile TV that can be viewed inside or outside the home
- 135 channels, including Freeview and Freeview catch-ups, Real Stories, DJ TV Xtrem Sports, Fite, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, My5 and UKTV Play
- over 1,000 live games per year, including every Series A and LaLiga game, Scottish cup football, Pro 14 Rugby, NASCA and NHL
- on-demand movies and documentaries
- 30+ apps and 10 totally free apps, including YouTube and Youtube Kids .
Community Fibre operates a full-fibre broadband network in London providing 3Gbit/s to households and 10Gbit/s to businesses.